IDARC is a computer program for nonlinear structural analysis that allows many
aspects of concrete behavior to be explicitly modeled. Many of the primary developments
and enhancements to this program have linked experimental research with analytical
developments. Details of the program's features and references to the analytical basis for
them can be on the Introduction page. Additional
information regarding the availability of the program can be found in the FAQ and on the Users Group page.
IDARC 2D is constantly being upgraded and improved. The latest releases include
the following features and additions:
Addition of new rocking
model with either negative or positive stiffness
Added white-noise ground
motion analysis for horizontal and vertical shaking
Added story velocity output
Expanded limits of numbers
of elements and input wave data
Added special spring
hysteretic model for wire base isolation element
New “case studies” for
examples and program validation
Expanded Users Group and
internet site support
Angle of hysteretic
damper/braces and corresponding horizontal force definition
Vertical ground motion
Negative ultimate moment
of rotational spring elements
- Corrections of all the other versions.
- Addition of perforated walls, shear-bending columns and walls.
- Correction of sign convention for visco elastic dampers system.
- Correction of iteration process for the solution of multi-infill panel
- Addition of perforated walls elements
- Addition of inelastic shear-bending columns and beams
- Polygonal and Smooth Hysteretic Models for beams, columns and walls
- Option of Linear or Constant flexibility distribution in yield zone for spread plasticity model
- Rotation springs moved to beam and column ends to form combined element to model connection behavior
- New unified multilinear and smooth hysteresis models with degrading
- Concentrated plasticity model for beams and columns.
- Analysis beyond first onset and failure
- Computation of plastic rotations in beams and columns
- Enhanced model adaptive "pushover" nonlinear statis analysis
- New damage indicators
The following is a list of some known problems and inconsistencies
in our software, the accompanying example files, and in the documentation. We
are working to correct these problems, and we will release updates to the program
as soon as they are fixed.
- Rotational spring element is not checked.