The series 3D-BASIS (i.e., 3D-BASIS; Nagarajaiah, Reinhorn, and Constantinou,
1989, 1991a; 3D-BASIS-M; Tsopelas, Nagarajaiah, Constantinou and Reinhorn, 1991;
3D-BASIS-ME; Tsopelas, Constantinou and Reinhorn (1994); 3DBASIS- TABS; Nagarajaiah,
Li, Reinhorn and Constantinou, 1993, 1994) was developed for the public domain
for the analysis of base isolated structures. The basic features of the program
- Detailed or reduced/condensed modeling of the superstructure assumed elastic
at all times.
- Detailed modeling of the isolation system with spatial distribution of isolation
- Library of isolating elements which include elastomeric and sliding bearings
with bi-directional interaction effects and rate loading influences.
- Library of supplementary damping or restraint devices and specialized bearings
with either linear or nonlinear characteristics.
- Time domain solution algorithm for very stiff differential equations with
adjustable time step.
- Triaxial excitation including vertical effects.
- Recovery of element stress time histories in superstructure and isolation
For a more indepth view of the 3D-BASIS program series please consult the following
research accomplishments report.
Computer Program Series for Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Three- Dimensional
Base Isolated Structures
Fore more information about 3D-BASIS please consult these technical reports
P.Tsopelas, S.Nagarajaiah, M.C.Constantinou, A.M.Reinhorn
3D-BASIS-M: Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Multiple Building Base Isolated
S.Nagarajaiah, C.Li, A.M.Reinhorn, M.C.Constantinou
3D-BASIS-TABS: Computer Program for Nonlinear dynamic Analysis of Three
Dimensional Base Isolated Structures.
P.C.Tsopelas, M.C.Constantinou, A.M.Reinhorn
3D-BASIS-ME:Computer Program for Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Seismically
Isolated Single and Multiple Structures and Liquid Storage Tanks.
A.M.Reinhorn, S.Nagarajaiah, M.C.Constantinou, P.Tsopelas, R.Li
3D-BASIS-TABS Version 2.0: Computer Program for Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis
of Three Dimensional Base Isolated Structures.